Subscribe now to our blog and learn vegetarian recipes in less than 60 seconds!
Today: Basmati Rice Cake
1. Preheat the oven to 392°F (200°C) and cook 2 cups (350g) basmati rice. Cut a ½ onion into small cubes.
2. Put ½ cup (100g) of baby spinach and the onion into a large bowl. Mix both with 1 Tbsp (15ml) of water and cook it for 2 minutes at 600W in the microwave. Then tip oout the water off the bowl.
3. Now melt 1 Tbsp (15g) of butter in the microwave for 30 seconds. Put them with 2 Tbsp (30g) of flour in a large bowl and mix the ingredients. Then whisk in 1 1/3 cup (300ml) of milk. The best way to do this is in 3 steps, in which you put in one third of the milk with constant stirring. Then add a pinch of salt, ¼ tsp pepper and a ½ bouillon cube and mix everything. Then cook the ingredients for 2 minutes at 600W in the microwave and mix everything again. Repeat this process again and mix the ingredients until the sauce thickens. Finally mix the spinach and the onion into the sauce.
4. Now spread the Basmati rice in a baking dish. Then cover it with the sauce and spread 1 cup (125g) of grated cheese on top. Bake the rice for 15 minutes at 392°F (200°F).
Share & Like the video if you liked it 🙂
We wish bon appetit!
– 2 cups (350g) basmati rice
– 1 1/3 cup (300ml) of milk
– 1 cup (125g) grated cheese
– ½ cup (100g) baby spinach
– 2 Tbsp (30g) of flour
– 1 Tbsp (15g) butter
– ½ onion
– ½ bouillon cube
If you liked the recipe, you can leave us a small tip🙂 The money will help us to produce more videos and will keep the website running. Thank you for visiting us!